We’ve taken the boys to see Santa a few times now. The first was the official, real one at Yeager’s. He is the best, by far. I’ve mentioned before that this is the place to go for photos, or just for the kids to chat with him.
Lucas was fine going, Jack was not. He’s been very stubborn and cranky lately so we bribed him to get dressed and go. We told him we’d buy him a new truck (he likes the ones at Yeager’s) if he’d put on pants and a sweater. Yes, he’s still constantly in jammies. So he reluctantly got dressed and we headed up the street. Lucas went right up to Santa and started chatting. While he did so I plopped on the floor in front of the photographer and started preparing my cameras (digital and video – of course). Meanwhile Kim started the paperwork for buying photos from the Lions Club. As I sat there Jack walked up to me and stripped off his hat and coat and then his sweater.
He also asked why Santa lived at the North Pole. That led to an interesting conversation. I said I thought it was because of real estate prices and zoning issues. Or that he may be a recluse. Kim said it had something to do with magic and the availability of reindeer. Lucas ignored my hypotheses and mentioned thought about the reindeer. He then said that if Santa lived at the South Pole he wouldn't use reindeer but penguins instead. I guess there's a video out there with that but we haven't seen it and I was quite impressed that he knew that penguins only live in the antarctic.
Of course I then started thinking that if he lived in the antarctic would he then be the Anti-Santa Claus? Maybe wear all black and go around stealing things? Drawn by flying penguins, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment