Friday, October 1, 2010

A Manly Man


Jack has been living in his pjs at home for all too long now. At school he gets by with a very few outfits, most of them of the girlie variety. I'm fine with that. I started out tolerant and now I'm just used to it, guess. It could be worse. He could be in public school and be getting beaten-up for his sartorial choices.

The other night Kim decided to take him shopping and see what he would agree to wear. We've been down this road before. At the store he claims he will wear something then refuse once it is purchased. The came home with an armload of new clothes, some of them intended for boys. Hoo-ray! As always, the proof would be in the wearing. I'll be damned but the very next day he dressed in red sweat pants and a monster truck shirt.

The nay-sayers might point out that he still had an easter egg sweatshirt and pink shoes. I don't care! He was wearing boys' clothes!

No comments: