Jack asked this morning if Liddy or Tuppers could drive. Kim and I both said no, but for compeletly different reasons. Kim said they don't have hands or the right kind of brains and are incapable of driving. I went into more detail, explaining that dogs can't read and are untrustworthy and therefore shouldn't be allowed to drive.
That's right, "man's best friend" is untrustworthy. At least behind the wheel. Both of our dogs would quickly forget all responsibility if something interesting caught their eye. If Liddy spotted a squirrel she would drive straight for it crashing the car into a tree. Just imagine the Tupps, a chow hound extraordinaire, driving by a fast food franchise. Not a chance, she'd barrel through the wall in hot pursuit of a hamburger. No dogs cannot be trusted to drive.
Then there's the fact that they cannot read. They would have no idea what a "STOP" or "Yield" sign said, let alone meant. It would be pandemonium and insurance premiums would soar for all of us.
Kim wouldn't be dissuaded though, she stuck to her guns about hands. I had Jack ask here if monkey have hands. I honestly didn't know if they were called hands, paws or what, but I wanted to set her up. She agreed monkeys do have hands, but quickly went back to the brain argument. I didn't have the time (I had to leave for work) to go down the evolution debate. Sorry Jack, we'll have to save that for another day. But I think we can all agree, dogs should not drive. Monkeys though...
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment