The annual Father’s Day Weekend Extravaganza lit up the calendar not too long ago. It went smashingly. The highlights included Jack wishing me a happy birthday, a large BBQ, a scavenger hunt for presents and another day-trip to Blaine. This time we rode the historic foot ferry Plover over to Semiahmoo. Capt. Sam Clemens (swear to god) offered to let both boys steer, what a guy. Only Lucas availed himself to this opportunity. Doing so would have caused Jack to extricate himself from mom, and that wasn't going to happen. Lucas steered like a champ, not once missing a command or endangering our lives. I wasn’t even nervous, and I can’t swim.
The next holiday on the calendar is of course Canada Day, hope everyone celebrates accordingly. Right on its heels is the Fourth of July, and we are preparing for yet another parade. I won’t let the cat out of the bag but tune in next week.
Jack has become very interested in his pants, and their contents. Shirts are out of the question, as are diapers. You can sometimes get him to wear a light jacket in lieu of a shirt, because he thinks it's funny. We're just happy to get him clothed. The diapers, on the other hand, are fantastic. He decided he no longer wanted to wear them so he doesn't. Not even for sleeping. To his credit, he has not wet the bed. We're very thankful for that because he usually ends up in our bed.
But those pants! I've said before he is adamant about wearing jammies. That still holds true, though he isn't quite as picky about which pair of pants anymore. Shirts, though, there's a couple he will sometimes wear. Usually it's just the pants and underpants of course, with at least one hand stuck inside. That is if he doesn't have something pulled out or the pants around his knees. Don't get me wrong, I'm not casting any stones but I plead with him to take at least one hand out of there. I suppose it's normal for a three-year old to notice his parts but it's a bit exacerbating, too.
On the potty he likes to stick his hands down in the danger zone too. There, I tell him "hands up" meaning to take his hands out of there to keep them somewhat sanitized. This would-be robber exchange doesn't work anywhere else in the house. So, try as we might with "get your hand out of there" or "just one hand, please Jack" he steadfastly sticks to his modified Napoleon impression. He's like the early bird trying to tug the worm out of it's hiding place. But the poor thing can't hide. Jack knows where it lives and comes back often. We hope he will grow out of it soon, but I'm not holding my breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment