Jack had surgery scheduled early Monday morning. Good thing too, he's been a grump. Major trauma would have made for more-interesting reading, and much more imaginative tales. But this time it was "just" a second round of ear tubes. Hopefully now he can avoid ear infections and keep a happier disposition.
Of course I like the old cliche about minor surgery being when it's done to someone else. But I guess it holds true to those under eighteen, and with a stretch to coal miners. But anyway you slice it Jack had his ears sliced up.
Not so much worry this time. Kim took a book with her and was looking forward to an opportunity to read for a while. Like last time a nurse drugged him up pretty good, maybe even better since she was able to cart him off in a wagon. Personally I think that sounds cute as hell, and if he needs a third go 'round I may have to take him. I just want to see him in the wagon.
Kim, though, she's jaded now. She just wanted to read. She wasn't at all upset about her baby being taken away to have his head cut open. Actually, we were more worried about his stomach. He wasn't allowed to eat that morning, so we wanted to make sure he had a lot of food the night before. We had too issues there: he'd been going to sleep around six lately, and he was thus asleep and couldn't eat. Luckily he stayed up late and we force fed him anything we could get down his throat.
As you can guess, it went fine. He was pretty wobbly for a little while afterwards and a grump all afternoon, but he's fine now.
No comments:
Post a Comment