Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gotta Clean the Pool

Doodie!!!

It's not OK, it's not a Baby Ruth. No it is doodie!!!

Jack begged for the kiddie pool Thursday evening. Being a softy I pulled it out but refused to put water in it, since the weather wasn't warm enough. No problem, he asked mom for a cup of water then dumped it in the pool. He followed that stroke of genius by stripping himself and sitting in the pool. He looked both comfortable and cool lounging against the side of the pool.

All was fine and good, I let him sit in his four-ounce puddle while I tended the grill. Lucas decided stripping in the backyard was the thing to do so he joined the party. I flipped the steaks and the asparagus then noticed a couple of brown spots near Jack. Doodie!!! I yelled for Kim, she didn't hear me, so I sent Lucas to find her while I pulled Jack out of the pool and hoped dinner wouldn't burn. And he was mad! Oh, is he stubborn. He wanted back in his puddle. He will have to wait 'til it is disinfected. Mind you he was asked if he needed to go potty before this ever started.

And this was after such a good week. He spent all of Memorial Day weekend in underpants without a single accident. We think he's well on his way to ditching the diapers (praise be) and I suppose to his credit he did not poop in his pants. But we told him afterwards that the pool is not the place for that.

The Memorial Day weekend was great. We stayed home - you're welcome. Otherwise it would have rained. We did take a day trip up to Blaine to visit the beach and Peace Arch Park. It was a very nice day, other than having to keep Jack from wandering over the border. We had a pizzeria to ourselves. The boys turned themselves loose in the game room (sans quarters) but they did push a lot of buttons and were given free Frisbees. We had lunch then played on the beach. We saw bald eagles, the Plover and an international art show at the Peace Arch Park - mostly outdoor sculptures.

No comments: