I've gained more than that after a meal. I'm not bragging, I'm trying to stress that my children need to gain weight. God knows we have enough food on hand. Good luck trying to find something particular in the 'fridge. It's packed. There's plenty of organic this and this, milk and juice to keep any tree-hugging mother content. There's more than enough not-eaten, but offered food to feed them both for a week. Therein lies the problem. They won't eat! We've even tried good stuff - ice cream and pudding. I'm sure I've gained more than three pounds in the last year, but this isn't about me.
Actually, Jack is getting better. But Lucas once took an hour and a half to eat a boiled egg. It still takes forever for him to eat. He will just hold onto food and you can constantly hear us reminding to to "Take a bike." I saw him in a striped shirt the other day and he still looked skinny. I thought stripes had the unfortunate effect making you look wide. Not this stick.
If height and weight aren't enough health news, he now has cough-variant asthma. He's been coughing since December but we just recently could get him in to see an allergist. Our guess had been a reaction to the Christmas tree. Nope. He is now on an inhaler for a month. The thought is that will cure the cough, so far so good.
We had a nice President's Day weekend. Lucas and I piled in the car for a visit in Woodenville on Saturday. Sunday we visited Dave and Karen. None of us had seen Jack so wild in a long, long time. He was running circles around the pool table. Then on Monday we headed south again, this time just to Mount Vernon. Xander and family had invited us to another version of a jump around play zone. This one was at a church. It was impressive, not the church though - it was a pole building. Is that anyway to honor the Lord? Economical, sure but show some effort. Who am I to talk? A disinterested third party I suppose. Come on build a real church. But all in all I would consider going back to this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment